Search This Blog

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Savory Seasoning Recipe

This is sort of like giving away my secret sauce, but I've had a few requests for this particular recipe.  For Christmas 2009 and 2010, I made huge batches of this spice mix and gave it away as gifts to at least a dozen people each year.  It's very versatile, and can be used on beef, chicken, fish, vegetables or potatoes.  Since it can be used on so many different things, it can get used up very quickly! 

As you can see from my army of bottles below, I make huge batches of this stuff.  Costco is a great place to go and buy the ingredients for this recipe.  The only ingredient that I have a harder time finding is the celery seed.


To make 1 cup of seasoning, mix together:

  • 4 tablespoons kosher salt
  • 2 tablespoons onion powder
  • 2 tablespoons garlic powder
  • 2 tablespoons paprika
  • 2 tablespoons celery seeds
  • 2 tablespoons sugar
  • 2 tablespoons black pepper
  • 1 tablespoon nutmeg
Once mixed well, put into a spice jar.